Saturday, May 19, 2012

welcome to elkhart, indiana

Hey y'all! Wow so much has happened since my last post! I got married, had two receptions, went on a week long cruise to the Caribbean and then moved across the country! Pictures of all of those are coming soon but I wanted to give an update on what is happening now. So originally, we were going to the Grand Rapids, Michigan area but due to some housing issues, we ended up in Elkhart, Indiana! 

For those of you who have no idea where that is (I didn't haha) here is a picture of it on a map (you can see that we are not very far from Grand Rapids)

and apparently this is downtown Elkhart. Kinda cute, huh?

We are staying in a Staybridge Suites with everyone and here is a video I sent to my mom of our very first "apartment" as a married couple! (I say that because it's actually more like an extended stay hotel rather than apartment complex...) Pinnacle is treating us very well!
We really have it easy here. Housekeeping comes through every day to empty our trash and give us fresh clean towels, restock us on the little shampoos, conditioners, lotions, soaps, and also dishwashing soap! And then once a week, they come change the sheets and make the beds, vacuum, and I came home and they had even washed all the dishes and started the dishwasher! Talk about service! We are very lucky to be here but Rob's job isn't the most glamorous. He works very long hours and deals with rejection everyday. They left at 11:30 am yesterday morning and didn't get back until 11 pm but where they were working was an hour ahead so he figured he worked about 13 hours... but he has been making quite a few sales and I am very proud of him! 

Here is the dinner I surprised Robbie with for making his first sale!

I am also working as their office manager and I take care of scheduling technicians for the guys and also scanning paperwork for the corporate office, completing audits, etc. It gives me something to do during the day which is nice. (Although i still have quite a few thank you notes to finish writing (; ) so this is pretty much our schedule. 
10:00 am- wake up and get ready. 
11:00 am go to sales meeting. 
11:30-Rob leaves for selling and I go to tech meeting and gather paperwork, take attendance, etc. 
then just working all day for Rob and I stay home and work or run errands, etc. 
10:00 pm ish is when Rob has been getting home and he eats "dinner" 
then we just end up relaxing in bed/then read scriptures together and then sleep!!!
although this is a hard job, we are very grateful for the opportunity to be out here and are loving just the fact that we are living together (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment